Grow Your Career at Big Brothers Big Sisters
We’re always looking for talented, dedicated people who believe in the power of mentoring to change the life of a child for the better, forever. We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
BBBSNH promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSNH does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
Community-Based Enrollment and Matching Specialist
The Community-Based Enrollment and Matching Specialist will work closely with the Enrollment Team to interview, assess, evaluate, and pair volunteers with children and their families. The employee will provide high-level customer service through all interactions with staff, potential participants, current participants, and all others who interact with the agency. The Community-Based Enrollment and Matching Specialist will be the participant’s primary point of contact from inquiry until their match has been profiled. The employee will be responsible for conducting layered background checks on all Community-Based volunteers. This position is supervised by the Senior Manager of Community-Based Enrollment and Matching.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Respond to inquiries and schedule interviews for potential participants.
● Interview potential participants, including volunteers, children, and parents/guardians.
● Write assessments of completed interviews.
● Enter data into the agency’s customer management system paying extra attention to detailed accuracy.
● Complete reference checks for incoming volunteers.
● Conduct background checks on all potential volunteers, as well as re-checks for active volunteers every three years or sooner if directed by supervisor.
● Conduct social media and Google searches of potential volunteers.
● Participate in Enrollment Team meetings.
● Participate in Advisory Committee meetings as needed.
● Work with Supervisor to assess program fit for all clients.
● Pair volunteer “Bigs” with an enrolled child “Littles” with guidance from supervisor as needed
● Oversee undergraduate level interns as available.
● Complete waitlist updates for both volunteers and children who are waiting to be matched.
● Profile potential matches to all parties involved to gain approval prior to moving forward with the match.
● Assign new matches to Match Support Team staff and ensure that all documentation in Matchforce is correct and complete prior to transferring files.
● Maintain an accurate and organized filing system of all active participants including those actively matched as well as those who have inquired or are waiting to be matched.
● Attend agency events in the employees region as scheduling allows or as required by supervisor.
● Promote the mission and excellent customer within and outside the BBBSNH network.
● Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
● Bachelor’s degree, with a background in youth development preferred.
● Be a notary or be able to become a notary within the first 6 months of employment.
● Excellent attention to detail, written, organizational and verbal communication skills are essential.
● Ability to lead meetings and presentations, and ability to interface with all levels of staff, external partners, volunteers and clients.
● Must be a proactive, collaborative team player that possess a strong customer service skills.
● Poses the ability to work independently and successfully manage internal and external relationships.
● Communicate effectively, balance multiple demands, and find creative solutions to challenges.
● The ability to evaluate systems and drive positive change.
● Willingness to work a flexible schedule each week, including evenings and occasional weekends to meet client needs.
● A willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed to support fundraising events, match activities and promote the mission of BBBSNH.
● Experience in customer relations with ability to build rapport.
● Highly reliable self-starter; can be counted on to complete assignments.
● Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time as needed. Ability to lift 40 - 50 pounds as needed.
● Access to reliable transportation.
BBBSNH is proud to offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package, ample vacation days, and a fun office environment where the average tenure for staff is greater than five years. Management believes in helping our staff members learn and grow, offering professional development opportunities whenever applicable. We also believe in the work hard, play hard motto as we plan staff outings where we step away from our day-to-day operations and focus on connecting as a team every other month. This position is based in our business office located in Manchester, NH but will support enrollment and matching statewide. This position will require travel from location to location to best meet the needs of our internal and external team members. This position also allows for flexibility in the daily work day and can include remote work, based on excellent job performance. As a member of the BBBSNH team there will be an expectation to participate in some evening and weekend events.
BBBSNH values diversity and inclusion and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recruitment & Corporate Partnerships Manager
The Recruitment and Corporate Partnerships Manager is a key member of the BBBSNH Development team, supporting, stewarding and strengthening the relationship with corporations and business partners that support BBBSNH. You will ensure corporate partners, sponsors, and donors are connected with Big Brothers Big Sisters of New Hampshire, seeing the personal, business, and mission impact they desire. You will have a natural ability to manage relationships, think creatively, and find varied ways for financial and community investment, including volunteer recruitment while keeping the organization’s mission at the forefront of all you do. This position is responsible for soliciting sponsorships for all BBBSNH fundraising events which includes working alongside Development Manager to manage execution of all events (planning, logistics, day of execution, etc). This key person will also manage, and grow the corporate partnerships throughout our service regions. You will also support the VP of Philanthropy and Board of Directors on larger, more complex partnerships. In addition, you will be responsible for managing and growing your own portfolio of partnerships to reach department revenue goals and drive impact for our mission.
This is a full time (40 hours per week) position that allows for remote work and can be based in our business office located in Stratham, NH or our office location in Manchester, NH. This position will require travel within our service regions - Seacoast, Central, Lakes, Monadnock Regions. This position also allows for flexibility in the daily work day and can include remote work, based on excellent job performance. As a member of the BBBSNH team there will be an expectation to participate in occasional evening and weekend fundraisers and other events.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee and manage a portfolio of corporate partners to the organization including sponsors, collaborative partnerships, etc., developing and steering them to achieve the organization’s strategic revenue goals.
• Effectively communicate to new corporate sponsors and partners the value of BBBSNH mentoring and services provided at no cost to youth.
• Co-lead all fundraising events. Working as a team with Development Manager to execute planning, logistics, and day of details for BBBSNH events.
• Effectively work and communicate with the program and communication team to integrate corporate partnerships.
• Build deep, powerful, and dynamic relationships with current and prospective partners, focused on developing their passions and fulfilling on their expectations of experience and impact.
• Lead the implementation, activation and stewardship plans designed to retain and grow partner engagement, community-building and mission investment.
• Build the prospect pipeline for fundraising, corporate and event partnerships, and investment opportunities across the organization.
• Continually identify new assets, engagement and partnership opportunities within our programs and platforms.
• Apply a data-driven approach to set and achieve revenue and relationship goals for the organization, seeing them as opportunities to sell the mission, strengthen communities and partnerships.
• Represent and speak on behalf of Big Brothers Big Sisters of New Hampshire at events, fundraisers and meetings as needed.
• Experience in stewarding long term donor/business partner relationships.
• Experienced in the use of modern fundraising technologies and Salesforce.
• Be ready, willing, and able to take on other duties as assigned.
• Must have experience and be comfortable with cold calling.
• Must have a successful performance record of solicitations and closing deals/partnerships- for profit or non-profit.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships at all levels of the organization and build successful and effective relationships.
• Minimum 4 to 6 years of experience in non-profit development or similar for-profit client and partner services role/sales. Experience with stewarding corporate and/or individual donors.
• Experience in non-profit event management.
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills, plus proven public speaking skills
• Ability to problem-solve, respond to changing priorities and meet deadlines
• Proven ability to manage and cultivate partners and effectively grow the pipeline of corporate partners
• Experience in sales process and closing skills – ability to establish credibility, be decisive and influence others and influence change
• High energy level, self-starter and willing to take initiative
• Ability and willingness to travel with the regions we serve
• Proficiency in MS office Suite, working knowledge of Salesforce a plus
• Bachelor’s degree
• Valid state-issued driver’s license
BBBSNH is proud to offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package, ample vacation days, and a fun office environment where the average tenure for staff is greater than five years. Management believes in helping our staff members learn and grow, offering professional development opportunities whenever applicable. We also believe in the work hard, play hard motto as we plan staff outings where we step away from our day-to-day operations and focus on connecting as a team every other month. BBBSNH values diversity and inclusion and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Updated 2/16/22 swk
Please send resume, cover letters and other required application materials as stated in the job description. No phone calls, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted shortly.