Grow Your Career at Big Brothers Big Sisters
We’re always looking for talented, dedicated people who believe in the power of mentoring to change the life of a child for the better, forever. We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
BBBSNH promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSNH does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
Community Based Match Support Specialist (Statewide)
Standing Together To Defend Potential: In a world of causes, we make a difference by creating professionally supported, one-to-one Matches for kids 6 to 18 years old, to help realize their full potential. Big Brothers Big Sisters professionally creates and supports these Matches. Over 500 Matches (Bigs & Littles) get together every week across the Granite State. Research proves that children enrolled in BBBSNH programs are more likely to improve in school and their relationships with family and friends and are less likely to skip school or use illegal drugs or alcohol. BBBSNH has been recognized as a leader in the non-profit industry and in the national BBBS network; winning the National BBBS both Quality Award Winner in 2015 and Agency of the Year Nominee in 2013. Other awards include Non-Profit of the Year 2019 by Exeter Hospital. Our mission and reputation attract a very talented pool of employees and our culture helps us retain that talent.
The Community Based Match Support Specialist will work closely with the Programs team. This position is responsible for maintaining contact with matches from their initial match meeting through match closure. A Community Based Match Support Specialist may also be called on to facilitate Volunteer Trainings in their primary office. This position requires a flexible schedule to meet the needs of program participants and may require working occasional evenings. This position reports to the Community Based Match Support Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide friendly, approachable customer service and represent BBBSNH and our mission and a professional and positive manner.
- Use the recurring telephone and electronic forms of communications to determine that elements of child safety, positive relationships, youth development indicators, and signs of a sense of affiliation with BBBSNH are present within each match.
- Identify and address real and/or potential problems and barriers in the match as early as possible. This may include providing information, services, or referrals to families of youth.
- Effectively utilize online reporting systems and surveys to assess match impact and youth development.
- Effectively document all contacts with program participants.
- Conduct match closure for closing matches including conducting exit interviews by phone or in person if necessary. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match potential.
- Identify and promote re-engagement of volunteers as Bigs, board members, and donors in other volunteer capacities.
- Facilitate initial in-person meetings between Bigs, Littles, and Parents/Guardians in your primary office or region. This includes reviewing ground rules and expectations to lay the foundation for a successful relationship.
- Develop, promote, and implement group match activities to support ongoing volunteer involvement with the child and BBBSNH.
- Assist in the evaluation of program services.
- Attend regional BBBSNH fundraising events.
- Attend statewide BBBSNH fundraising events as required by the supervisor, CEO, or designee.
- Facilitate and lead Volunteer Training sessions.
- Promote the mission and excellent customer within and outside the BBBSNH network.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree, with a background in youth development and 2+ years’ prior experience preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, and written, organizational, and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to lead meetings and presentations, and ability to interface with all levels of staff, external partners, volunteers, and clients.
- Must be a proactive, collaborative team player that possesses strong customer service skills.
- Poses the ability to work independently and successfully manage internal and external relationships.
- Communicate effectively, balance multiple demands, and find creative solutions to challenges.
- The ability to evaluate systems and drive positive change.
- A willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed to support fundraising events, match activities and promote the mission of BBBSNH.
- Experience in customer relations with the ability to build rapport.
- Highly reliable self-starter; can be counted on to complete assignments.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time as needed. Ability to lift 40 - 50 pounds as needed.
- Access to reliable transportation.
BBSNH is proud to offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package, ample vacation days, and a fun office environment where the average tenure for staff is greater than five years. Management believes in helping our staff members learn and grow, offering professional development opportunities whenever applicable. We also believe in the work hard, play hard motto as we plan staff outings where we step away from our day-to-day operations and focus on connecting as a team every other month. This position will provide support statewide but is based primarily in our Laconia office and will require occasional travel within the Lakes Region to best meet the needs of our internal and external team members. This position also allows for flexibility in the daily work day and can include remote work, based on excellent job performance. As a member of the BBBSNH team there will be an expectation to participate in some evening and weekend events.
Interested applicants, please email a cover letter & resume to Stacy at email@example.com.