The community-based program is our "traditional" mentoring program, where Bigs and Littles are matched in a one-to-one friendship based on gender, interests, personalities, and geographic locations. Volunteers are carefully screened and trained to create a positive impact by sharing their friendship, guidance, and support. Pairs meet at least twice per month for a couple hours to spend quality one-on-one time together, and form meaningful memories just by hanging out.
Mentors take the time to listen, encourage, and model positive behavior while doing everyday activities. Each match is professionally supported by a Match Support Specialist, who is there to support and advise Bigs and parents on this journey.
- Minimum age of 18
- Have the desire to become a friend to a child in need of friendship
- Must commit to the program for at least one year
- Have a clean driving record
- Pass an annual background check as required by law
- Take your Little on at least two outings per month for a few hours at a time
- Communicate with your Match Support Specialist at least once a month to provide updates
- Accepting applications for ages 6-17
- Must commit to at least one year in the program